Imagine driving up your driveway and falling in love all over again at the sight of your beautiful new home. First impressions count, so getting the façade of your house right will ensure your new home design has real impact and absolute street appeal. From contrasting materials to sleek lines, there are so many amazing modern facade ideas out there to choose from when designing a new home. Here are five design features of a modern façade to inspire your research.
1. Flat roof lines Sleek lines are a must of any modern façade, particularly flat roof lines and strong vertical lines. Take a walk down any street and you’ll no doubt notice this design feature: it’s smart, simple, minimalist and striking. It can transform any exterior into a modern haven with instant curb appeal. DEEPBLUE SMARTHOUSE’S range of beautiful modern house façades includes some of the most stylish flat roof lines you’ve ever seen.
2. Mixed material Mixed materials are featured in some of the most on-trend architectural façade designs of the moment. Traditional brick homes are being put to the wayside in favour of a mix of cladding types and styles, which include unique designs and unusual shapes. It might be a combination of black blocks paired with white bricks and grey exterior cladding or horizontal panels with white brick and pops of moody grey through vertical lines. The idea is that the materials contrast each other to create a striking effect that is at once timeless yet perfectly modern.
3. Moody colour palette Grey, black, white, neutral, ash, smoky, monochrome… a modern façade incorporates a mix of moody colours and tones into its exterior colour palette. DEEPBLUE SMARTHOUSE offers façade options in both light and dark options, giving homeowners plenty of variety and flexibility when choosing the exterior design that best suits their style and the surrounding streetscape.
4. Cantilevered second storeys DEEPBLUE SMARTHOUSE gives you more choice to design the home you truly, badly, desperately dream about. This translates perfectly when you see DEEPBLUE SMARTHOUSE’s range of two-storey modern house façades that feature a cantilevered section on the second level. A cantilevered extension has several benefits as it can be used to add an extra room to a house that protrudes from the front of the house – as seen in the Huntley Modern façade – or the side or rear of the property.
5. Minimalis You’ve heard it time and time again: the minimalist look is here to stay and nowhere is it done better than in modern home façades. Minimalism is all about simplicity at its very best, which is why DEEPBLUE SMARTHOUSE offer modern façades that come in two levels: Starter and Enhanced. Starter is all about smart, simple designs that reflect the style of the range, while Enhance features your selected range style with added details to enhance the character of your home.